Stressors and other triggers
Triggers are events or experiences that may negatively impact your physical and mental health. When you are juggling multiple stressors, regaining well-being may be more difficult without help. Also, chronic or ongoing stress can result in physical or mental health problems.
Some examples of stressors or triggers are:
- Loss of a loved one
- Breakdown of a romantic relationship
- Changing jobs or losing a job
- Conflict in the workplace
- Conflict in the family
- Trauma or witnessing a traumatic event
- Sleep deprivation
- Significant life changes, e.g. having a baby
- Major change in health, behavior or circumstances of a family member
- Major change in finances
If you are dealing with one or more stressors, let your healthcare provider know and ask what you can do to reduce or manage the effects on your health.