What is Guarding Minds at Work?
Guarding Minds at Work provides a comprehensive set of free resources to help assess and address the psychological health and safety of workplaces. It was used as a reference for the National Standard of Canada on Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Guarding Minds includes:
- Practical, user-friendly assessment tools, including an organizational review process for leadership, an online employee survey and a shorter stress scan.
- A comprehensive Guarding Minds at Work report to identify areas for improvement.
- Action planning process and worksheets.
- Evaluation process to measure progress and outcomes.
Using Guarding Minds at Work effectively is a guide that can help you get buy-in and commitment from workplace stakeholders through thoughtful preparation and development of a plan for acting on survey results.
Employee focus group materials
Once you have your results from Guarding Minds at Work, you may want help engaging your employees in improving psychological health and safety in your organization. On the agenda workshop series helps leaders tofacilitate this type of discussion with their teams. The materials include a slide presentation, facilitator guide and participant handout all available for free download.
Psychological health and safety provides a step-by-step approach to workplace psychological health and safety that can be integrated within your organization's existing policies and processes. This resource has been designed to align with the National Standard of Canada on Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
All of these free resources have been commissioned by Workplace Strategies for Mental Health to assist you in adopting the Standard and addressing psychological health and safety in your workplace.
- Taylor, C. (2020). Psychological health and safety in mental health care: a pilot project (Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Social Work, University of Regina).